Yeah to us! ohh wait… that’s still just me. But when I use us and we… I mean all my great clients and vendors too. We’re celebrating another year in business! What a year it was… Today as I’m writing this little post, I’ve booked 3428 projects. Which equates to 571 projects a year, 10 projects a week and 1.5 projects a day. Phew… that equation is without weekends and vacations entered into the equation!
I have to say almost all of those 3428 projects were a wonderful journey. Each project teaches me something new and lets me meet great new people. I would have to say 99.999% have been an enriching journey. What else exciting happened this year? Well lots and if you’ve peaked in you’ve seen all I’ve been up to.
Nuggets of truth I’ve learned along the way:
- never ever begin a project unless you have all the materials in from the client
- try to get approvals and revisions in by 3 working days
- if you have that little voice inside your head whispering no you should listen to it
- I despise accounting
- sometimes no amount of money makes it worth doing the job
- find great clients and keep them… they make your day smile
- as my dad always says “It doesn’t say Elizabeth Gleason Savings and Loan outside your door.” I’m not a bank but a design firm. Had to put that in there… it’s related to I despise accounting!
- I’m lucky to have breaks with my yellow dog kasper
- working for yourself isn’t as fanciful as one would imagine but it does have it’s advantages when I’m outside in the summer working where I want to
- if my office is cluttered my mind is cluttered
- I need the day to have a few more hours in them:)
So thank you all and onward to year 7!